The Academy of Music and Art is the only school that teaches the 15 minutes a day method that enables students to quickly learn to play an instrument.
Are All Music Studios the Same?
Here are 10 reasons why The Academy of Music and Art is the right choice for Music Lessons
1) Learn to play in just 15 minutes a day: Your teacher can create a 15 minute a day practice routine based on your interest,level and learning style.
2) Record a Greatest Hits CD: Our music lessons combine great teaching with cutting edge technology. Throughout the year all music students have the opportunity to record their best performances in our recording studio. Click here to see Studio 1!
4) We teach you the music you want to play. Each student receives a unique lesson plan designed to meet individual goals. We teach all styles of music including Rock, Blues, Jazz, Classical, Any Style!
5) We teach you the way you want to learn. Everyone has a different system for learning. You won’t find one size fits all lessons and books at The Academy. We will custom designed lessons based on how you learn best. That creates an ideal learning environment.
6) Qualified Adult Instructors: Feel confident in who is teaching your child. We love our high school aged students, but you won't find them teaching music lessons. All teachers have University or Conservatory training. But most important: all are dedicated teachers who strive to bring out the best in each student! From beginning to advance, we insist on adult instructors. Even if your musician is very young or a beginner all of our music lessons are taught by caring, qualified adults.
7) All Ages & All Levels Welcome: We teach students of all ages. Students are as young as 4 years old to adults in their 60' & 70's. We teach all levels. Beginners are welcome. We can also accommodate intermediate, advanced and professional level students.
8) Recitals and Concerts: Recitals and concerts are held at least twice a year. The performances are optional and low pressure. The goal is to provide the students with fun and confidence building performance opportunities! 9) Reputation: The Academy of Music and Art, Inc is a trusted name in Education serving the community since 1991.
10) Classes That Combine Music and Dance: Our Pop Star Dance and Broadway Bound Classes offer an innovative combination of dance and voice into a single class. Just like you would see on TV or in music videos. You won't find classes like Pop Star Dance anywhere else.
Once you learn the basics you can learn to play the style of music that interests you. Students can choose from many styles of music including:
Pop - Taylor Swift, Christina Aguilera, etc
Rock - Everything from Led Zeppelin to AC/DC.
Musical Theatre - Wicked & all the Broadway favorites!
Blues - Stevie Ray, B.B. King, all the greats
Jazz - Miles Davis and more
Classical - Beethoven, Mozart
Country - Taylor Swift, Carrie Underwood, Garth Brooks
As a parent we realize you have a choice between several different music and dance schools. All schools are not the same. To help you decide on the program that is right for you please visit our Parent's Page and our Student's Page.
Since 1991, The Academy of Music and Art, Inc. has offered qualified caring music teachers at convenient times in a professional setting. Families from Hinsdale, Oak Brook, Clarendon Hills, Downers Grove, Western Springs and beyond know that private music lessons in a school environment are fun and inspiring. Visit the Academy of Music and Art and a staff member will discuss teachers, scheduling needs and answer any questions. We'll carefully match you with an appropriate teacher based on your interests, skill level and other factors.